Saturday, June 4, 2011

Music Challenge - Day Five

It took me quite a while to pick out this song.  There are so many songs in the world that remind me of so many people, and I just wanted to pick out a good one.  I finally decided that this song and this person would be the most appropriate.

A little less than a year ago, I lost a good friend of mine.  Scooter Pie introduced us back in 2009 when he started taking me to one of his favorite karaoke bars in Hillcrest.  The bar is called Flicks, and every Sunday, they would have karaoke, hosted by a man named Tom Doyle.  Scooter Pie met Tom while they were in a play together and had remained close. So close, in fact, that every time Scooter Pie was at a karaoke night hosted by Tom, he sang "Sandy" from Grease but changed the name to "Tommy."

This is not that song.  This song, rather, is the song that I used to sing with Tom. He approached me one night and asked me if I knew the words to this song.  I got very excited, and before I knew it, we were up on stage, singing it together.  So here it is.

Day 05 - A Song That Reminds You Of Someone




It was one of the greatest times I had (nothing holds a candle to singing "(I've Had) The Time Of My Life" with Scooter Pie... check that off the bucket list) singing karaoke. When Scooter Pie first introduced us, I realized I had recently seen him in a play, and that he was my favorite part of the play itself.  I raved, and we became instant friends.  According to Scooter Pie, Tommy adored me.  I had no idea until I realized that his last Facebook profile picture has me in it.  I feel very lucky, and honored to hold that distinction.  This one's for you, Tom.  I know you're up there, singing with me.

The infamous profile picture

No comments:

Post a Comment