Thursday, April 21, 2011

So Many Adventures, SO LITTLE TIME!!!

Oh my goodness blog friends (all two of you), I have so many stories to tell you!

Let's start with Las Vegas.  Scooter Pie decided to ride his friend Schmitty's birthday coat tails, and so we set off on an adventure to the REAL city that never sleeps.  Scooter Pie was nice enough to let me tag along, and I didn't even have to pay for the room.  He's such a gentleman.

We roamed the strip, mostly walked around, drank, smoked cigars (mostly him, though I did take a puff here and there), and barely even gambled.  It was REALLY cold, and I immediately regretted not taking my peacoat, though I had a fabulous time getting all dolled up for some good ol' fashioned Vegas nightlife.  While hanging out with Schmitty and his wife, we did get to eat at Tom Colicchio's sandwich shop, 'wichcraft, at the MGM Grand where I had a spectacular panini with chicken breast, pesto, mozzarella, and roasted red peppers.  We also got to check out a couple of the art galleries, including one for Dale Chihuly (the guy who did the glass flowers on the Bellagio ceiling), and a photography exhibit by Rodney Lough, Jr. which was breathtaking. 

We met up with a couple friends on Freemont street on our last night, and then walked around the strip until 3 in the morning.  Neither one of us was smart enough to get a picture TOGETHER, and the rest of the pictures are mostly of stuff, and not of us.  We had a great time, which is really the point here, and all I really have to say about it is "what happens in Vegas, STAYS in Vegas."  For good reasons.  Ha!

Now, I can tell you about Surprise, AZ, from whence I have just returned.  Mom and I drove in on Thursday, and just returned this evening.  We went to celebrate Pesach (Passover, for you semi-educated, non-Jews) and because my godparents (whose house we were at) like to throw large parties, it took us three full days, and part of Monday, to prepare the food, etc. for 25 people.  It was a lovely seder, despite the fact that Passover is my least favorite of the Jewish holidays, and the fact that at 25 years old, I am still the youngest, and therefore have to ask the four questions.  My godmother has officially dubbed me "Passover Maven" (I was on my "maven voyage," not my joke) because I can now make Sephardic Charoset (a mixture of nuts, dried fruit, and honey) and am also capable of a variety of other Passover related activities.  All in all, a nice vacation spent in perfect weather, in a perfectly beautiful setting, complete with cacti, palm trees, and fornicating bunnies.  There was also THE most amazing view of the Big Dipper that I have ever seen.

Unfortunately, with the whole family gone for 6 days, my cat is now thoroughly pissed at all of us.  Even more unfortunately, she takes out the bulk of her displeasure on me, whining loudly and using a portion of my bedroom as her personal toilet.  I came home, and found a corner, soaked, and reeking of urine.  NOT exciting.  ESPECIALLY since she decided to ruin my Jessica Simpson red leather pumps from a friend of mine.  Sad, sad day.  Under normal circumstances, I would not allow her to sleep in my bedroom with me this evening.  However, since she's been alone for a week (with the exception of my cousin, Makeup Guru coming by to feed her) I don't have the heart to make her sleep alone another night.  Re-training a 17-year-old cat to use her litterbox will be no picnic...

Until next time (and it will be soon)... keep wondering!

No comments:

Post a Comment