Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Music Challenge - Day Six

This challenge is turning out to be much harder than I was expecting.  However, I have finally decided on a song that reminds me of an actual place.  I had several options that I was weighing in my head, but most of the "places" I was thinking of were linked to events, and that's a whole separate challenge day.

This song, however, does in fact take me back to a specific location.  In my freshman year of college, I lived in a dorm that was relatively secluded on the campus, and enough so to merit it's own market in front of the building.  It basically amounted to the college version of a 7-11, with candy and cereal and a few toiletries here and there, even a grill where you could buy plenty of fattening and unhealthy food.  Like fried mozzarella sticks.  Which were disgusting.  And delicious.

Anyway, it seemed as though Pitbull's Culo was playing in the store 24 hours a day.  I guess that's what happens when you go to college 15 minutes from the Mexican border...

So here's to you Chappy Market!  Thanks for the memories and heartburn!

Day 06 - A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere:


Ahh.. memories.
*Note... this song also reminds me of Tijuana itself, because it played a lot in the club circuit there too. Yes, I partied there. Yes, it's gross.  Don't judge me.  I was 18 and stupid.

day 01 - your favorite song
day 02 - your least favorite song
day 03 - a song that makes you happy
day 04 - a song that makes you sad
day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone

No comments:

Post a Comment