Monday, January 30, 2012

Driving...

Last night, I had the most amazing experience driving.  It may have been one of the few times in my driving years that I've actually enjoyed being behind the wheel.  The experience was downright transcendent.

Let me set the scene...

It's Sunday night, around 9pm.  I'm driving on virtually empty streets, store fronts starting to turn their lights off, and I'm on my way to see my boyfriend.  I'm already in a good mood.  Foo Fighters' "Everlong" is playing on my iPod, and all of a sudden I realize I'm hitting EVERY green light!  Not only that, but the music and my driving are synching up in time. 

As the song comes to a close, and I sit, still reveling in the tiny miracle I just experienced, and await the next song to play from the shuffle.  To my amazement, it's The Police, "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic."  Wow.

And it's still playing in time to the speed that I'm driving.  Even the red lights.

Oh yeah, and then I got a prime parking spot at the boy's house.  Suh-weet.

I hope that each and every one of you gets to experience this kind of magic at least one time in your lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment