Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What's New, Cheshire Cat?

Wonderers!  I have missed you!  Like the Cheshire Cat, I disappeared for a while, but I have returned, and this time I will make an effort to actually keep up with this thing.

Just to get a little caught up here...

On the job front... I am still looking for that elusive, regular position.  However, I am currently reading books for money and tutoring children for just enough money to cover the few regular expenses I have (like gas, and makeup).  It's not a lot, but it's better than zero.

On last year's resolution... all I have to say is oops.  I was predicting that by the end of last year I would have a job, and my own apartment -- therefore, my own kitchen -- but alas, I'm still under my parents' roof.  Incidentally, we also lost the use of our oven, and our dishwasher, which makes re-creating recipes a bit more difficult.  But I'm fine. *twitch*

Gross, right?  I know. :D
Photo by Ashley Jeanson

On romance... the last time I checked in, I was just coming out of my all-to-familiar "woe is me" phase, and taking on a new, optimistic outlook.  Well... as it happens, guess who has herself a boyfriend?  Yup!  Yours Truly.  *Note: it took a lot to refrain from using "what has two thumbs?" * He is amazing... and that's not even an exaggeration.  I waited a long time to be this puke-worthy and saccharin.  I'm quite the happy girl these days.

All that being said, I really want to make an effort to blog more this year.  I have a few ides that I'm tossing around in my head for recurring -- for lack of a better word -- columns, that might make me post more often.  One idea is to have a column called "Eat Me" where I review the restaurants at which I have the pleasure of dining.  I already have one review in mind (bacon-wrapped matzo balls... what?), and two more potentially in the works to follow.  I'd also like to have some sort of weekly thing to "force" me to update, but nothing really jumps out at me.  Perhaps I should ask my lovely friend and blog-veteran, Ashley for some ideas...

Now, as I've been wracking my brain for the last hour about how to wrap up this post... I think I'll just give you two clips that have had me in stitches for days now...

One:  The trailer for Madagascar 3.  I liked the first one, had no interest in the second one, and really didn't want anything to do with any sequel that followed.  However, Chris Rock sold me (start at 2:00) on the latest chapter in the Madagascar saga...



Two:  The Big Bang Theory.  Freshly addicted to this show, I love it more with every episode.  This week, Amy Ferrah Fowler (a.k.a. Mayim Bialik, a.k.a. Blossom) took first place in my heart (and it will be very obvious why)...



That's it for now.  But never fear, I'll be back before you know it!

1 comment:

  1. You should post recipes and do movie reviews as well :)

    ReplyDelete