Monday, May 23, 2011

30 Day Music Challenge - Day Four

I'm starting to realize why they call these things "challenges."  They're HARD!  If I could list my top 5 for each category, it would be so much easier.  The challenge for today was to find a song that makes me sad.  I will be the first to admit to you, that most of the songs that make me sad are related very directly to an incident (usually an incident involving men) so I tried very hard to narrow down the choices to a song that just makes me sad.

First, I thought to myself, well "Tears in Heaven" by Eric Clapton is a really sad song... but especially if you know who the song was written for.

*Sidebar - I just spilled coffee all over myself.  Read my profile and you'll understand why that's hilarious. 

Anyway, I also thought about "Please, Please, Please" by the Smiths... because that song really sort of fits my life right now.  But, I know there is a better one.  So, a list 13 songs long, and 12 cross-outs later, here it is (please ignore the Spanish titles):

Day 04 - A Song that Makes You Sad:




I know what you're thinking.  How can a song called "Smile" make you sad, right?  Well, basically, when I'm sad, the hardest thing in the world for me to do is to smile.  So this song sort of points that out.  I can put this song on, and often, I find myself crying because I just can't do anything else.  Even more so if I sing with her.  So there you have it.  This song brings a good cry.

day 01 - your favorite song
day 02 - your least favorite song
day 03 - a song that makes you happy

1 comment:

  1. Good choice. And, this song is sad..."Smile though your heart is aching..."

    I mean, GEEZ. That's f'in sad.

    ReplyDelete