Saturday, November 27, 2010

Santa goes to San Diego on Vacay...

Okay, okay.  I've been meaning to write these posts for a couple of weeks now.  So here is overdue post number one:

     A couple of weeks ago I drove down to my lovely San Diego after work for one of my friends' birthday parties.  After the long day I'd had preparing to switch offices with the guys I work for, I was hardly ready for a long drive south.  However, it was his Big 3-0 celebration, so I kinda couldn't miss it.  I went with three other girlfriends of mine, including Old Roommate Lisa, Ashley, and Brittany.  It was at a club in La Jolla, a downtown feel with better parking and fewer people.  Right up my friend's alley.  Here we are (Brittany was nice enough to capture this picture with Ashley's camera, even though she is not in it herself) all dolled up.

This makes me look overdressed, I swear I wasn't.

     The next day, Lisa and I decided to do brunch at El Torito.  We had originally decided to eat from their brunch buffet, but ended up ordering our usual.  At least we got some free champagne out of the deal.  Haha.

     The real treat for us, was that out of the corner of my eye, a mere few tables away, was none other than Santa Claus.  Or at least a man who looked an awful lot like him.  He was not in his traditional red suit, but a polo shirt with vintage cars on it, and khaki shorts.  I suppose he puts the suit away when he's on vacation.  We did hear him speak to another patron of the restaurant, saying something to the effect of "Santa loves you!"  Remember, we were a few drinks in by the time we noticed Santa, so our meal was full of entertainment, and laughter.  So I do, firmly believe that Santa is another name to check off on the list of celebrities I've met.  Lisa seems to think he was double checking his "Naughty/Nice" list.  She says I'm on the Naughty List.  That's okay.  She is, too.

1 comment: