Monday, November 29, 2010

Why I Hate the West Side...

*Long overdue post number two*

    Nothing like a good ol' fashioned rant to fix a case of The Mondays.  So I decided to give you a list of reasons why this Valley Girl can't stand the West Side.

  • The Drivers.  Nobody knows how to drive over here.  Kinda like no one in SoCal knows how to drive in the rain.  To call these people "retarded" would be an insult to the mentally challenged.

  • Traffic.  Over in the Valley there is only traffic during certain times of the day, and it's mostly limited to certain areas.  Over the hill, there is traffic EVERYWHERE, all day long.
  • The streets.  Much like downtown San Diego, there is a multitude of ONE WAY streets.  So getting lost happens, fairly easily.  In addition to that, there are WAY too many center dividers, which make it so that one must first get MORE lost, before becoming UN-lost.  And if that weren't bad enough, there is currently a lot of road work being done, producing road closures a-plenty.  Fun.
  • Everything is more expensive.  Gas, food, parking, you name it.  It's pricier over here. And while I'm making more money than I ever have in my life (which isn't saying much), I'm poor.
  • The people.  This applies to drivers as well.  Self-Important S.O.B.s.  All of 'em.  Snotty little bitches...
  • The time it takes to get from my parents' house in the Valley, to work.  To be here at 8:30am, I have to leave my house AT LEAST an hour early.  Even today, I left at 7:30 and still didn't make it to the office until 8:55.  And as you might have guessed by now, I am NOT a morning person.
      On the up side, you WILL be able to hear my lovely voice in the movie I'm working on.  It's called The Change Up, and it stars Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman.  The editors I work for recorded my voice as the receptionist for some ambient sounds in a law firm.  I suppose that kinda makes up for how impossible they are.

    I should really end on a happy note.  So, without further ado:






*credit*

No comments:

Post a Comment