Wednesday, December 22, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

It's getting to be that time again, when people are coming together for the holidays, eating and drinking to excess, and making up goals to better themselves in the coming year.  There are several ever popular resolutions to make, i.e. lose weight, exercise more, read more, spend less time on the internet, etc.  We are all guilty of them.  I don't know about you, but I have never met a single person who stayed committed to their New Year's resolution past January.  This year will be different.

For the first time that I can remember (maybe in history?) I have a real, no kidding around resolution.  This year, my Gamma (only THE best grandmother in the world) unearthed my Papa's book of recipes.  My aunt has the original, and my mom has a copy.  I made the decision to take it to FedEx Office and have it bound, so that I can give out copies as Christmas gifts.

While researching binding options and pricing, I came across a company that would allow me to actually create a professionally made cookbook.  Through them, I could turn my Papa's recipe book into my own adapted cookbook, complete with pictures of him, and glamor shots of the food.  So, my New Year's resolution is to adapt and cook every recipe (and hopefully persuade my photographer friends to photograph some of them, by enticing them with free meals) and turn it into a beautiful, finished product.  And, as you might have guessed, I'll be blogging about my adventures, a la Julie & Julia, a movie that re-awakened my passion for cooking like never before

Papa's nickname for me.  It means "life." Forever emblazoned across my back.  :)

1 comment:

  1. This sounds great!!!! And hopefully I can sample one of these recipes :) I miss Potluck Wednesdays!!!!

    ReplyDelete