Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Benefits of a Head Cold

    Yeah, I know, hard to imagine that there are any benefits of (to quote Emily Blunt in The Devil Wears Prada) feeling "like Death warmed up" besides maybe the ability to play hooky from work or school.  However, since I don't really have any obligations at the moment, I'm just stuck in a bed, trying to find ways to feel better.  So I've made a short list of the little comforts that make being sick easier.

    • I never imagined I would say this, but at least I'm at my parents' house, where my mom is just about the best nurse around.  When I was little, she used to give me a bell so that if I needed anything, I wouldn't have to yell.  And, when she brings me food, she takes the time to make it pretty.  Like this:
    • My cat seems to know when I'm unwell, because she has rarely left my side.  Granted, she knows she gets some love out of the deal, but she comes and sits next to me while I do mostly nothing.  It's a nice comfort.

    •  I have plenty of time to catch up on the TV shows I've missed, and movies I wanted to see.  Thank goodness for DVR.
    • I don't feel at all ashamed of enjoying Disney movies like The Princess and the Frog.  I had heard that it was a good movie, but I didn't realize just how much I would love it until I watched it last night.  Sorta brings back memories of the days I had the chicken pox and took oatmeal baths while the soundtrack of The Little Mermaid was playing.
    • And, last but not least, more time to blog about absolutely nothing particularly important for the enjoyment of complete strangers!  Hooray!

    2 comments:

    1. Feel better!!!

      That tomato dish is sure pretty!

      ReplyDelete
    2. there you go, you added the header. However, maybe try taking a picture without the flash (with direct sunlight on it) so the W isn't so washed out.

      Or did you scan it??

      ReplyDelete