Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Everybody Should Run Away from Home Once in a While...

     When you live at home after living away, there is almost certainly going to be some drama that goes down.  This week happened to be a particularly difficult one, resulting in a phone call to my old roommate, Lisa, and asking if I could come crash with her for the weekend as a means of escape.  Plus, she has a new condo that I needed to see.

     I will preface the rest of this blog by telling you that our efforts at photographing ourselves during our adventures were pretty sad, so I'll just post this picture of us instead:

This was my last night in San Diego before I moved... we were dancing to Piano Man.
     Anyway, upon my arrival to San Diego, I was given a tour of her condo (which is huge, and beautiful, in case you were wondering) and then we prepped ourselves for Oktoberfest in La Mesa.  We even took the trolley, just so neither of us had to drive.  We went once before, a couple years ago, and sadly, it's not quite the celebration we were hoping for.  If I were to describe it in the most simple terms, I would say it is basically a street fair with beer and sausage.  We did pop into a beer garden and have a couple, and we did have a sausage because it was the most Oktoberfest-y thing we could do.

     After that, we trolley-ed back to go to my favorite local pub (which, as it happens, is where the picture above was taken) for some beer pong.  I should tell you, that we walked from the closest trolley stop, which was more of a walk than either of us expected.  I showed up looking like I just got out of the shower, and that is why we have no pictures from this particular event.  After that, we hung out at my friend's house and waited for a ride back to Lisa's place.

     The next day was fairly uneventful.  We went to a bar in Pacific Beach to get our favorite sandwiches, and spent a lot of time watching movies and TV Shows.  I spent the night, with every intention of leaving in the morning.  I figured I would go meet Lisa for lunch, deliver her keys and parking pass, have a conversation about life, and be on my way back home.  This is not what happened.  Well, the going home part didn't happen.

     After our life conversation while the babies were napping, Lisa asked me to stay with her for the rest of the day, so I spent the last half of Monday volunteering at the preschool she works at.  That sounds like I did a lot more work than I did.  Mostly, I just played with the babies.  Good times.

     Now, I have returned home, to my parents' house.  Still feeling like maybe I should have stayed one more day, but I ran out of money.  Oh well, I'll be back soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment