Monday, August 1, 2011

Music Challenge - Day Nine

For today's installment of the music challenge, which I am trying desperately to catch up on, I thought long and hard.  I scoured the long list of my iTunes and decided that a lot of those songs applied to today's challenge.

Just to backtrack a bit, I am a dancer by nature.  I like to dance.  I like dancing to whatever is currently playing, as long as it has a decent beat and/or melody.  Frequently, when I'm alone, I will rush to my computer, open my iTunes and dance around the room.  Sometimes, I even dance in my underwear (though I have never officially pulled a Tom Cruise in Risky Business) because I get all sweaty in clothes.  And I don't always dance like I'm at a party.  Sometimes, I find myself dancing like I have some kind of choreography.  Sometimes I dance in a modern/ballet style.  Sometimes I dance like I'm at a club.  Sometimes I dance like a stripper.  A Burlesque stripper.  Yeah.  But one of my favorite things to do, is retreat back to my days spent in endless dance classes, and dance in front of a mirror.  Before you judge me for that, I would like you all to consider how many times you look at yourself in a mirror.  Or any reflective surface for that matter.  I am totally guilty of the narcissistic tendency to look at myself whenever opportunity presents itself.  Which brings me to my song selection...

Day 09 - A Song You Can Dance To

This particular challenge day is dedicated to Ashley, because a few years back, when we were roommates... she actually CAUGHT me dancing to this song and watching myself in the mirror.  She will never let me live it down, and so now, I share my humiliation with all of you.  Enjoy it.

Oh, and I didn't realize that I was supposed to be linking you in this other summary of songs, so... these have links.

day 01 - your favorite song
day 02 - your least favorite song
day 03 - a song that makes you happy
day 04 - a song that makes you sad
day 05 - a song that reminds you of someone
day 06 - a song that reminds you of somewhere
day 07 - a song that reminds you of a certain event
day 08 - a song that you know all the words to

1 comment: